Departing note to my Alma Mater...

A very good evening to all of you!

Somebody has aptly quoted, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” And my journey here at Christ University is indeed one of those journeys which conquered milestone at every step. I still have a vivid picture on my mind of the day I had taken admission to this great institution. After taking care of all the formalities, we were supposed to meet Rev. Father Dr Abraham for the student-parent induction. Father asked me what you are good at. To which I sprang upon, ‘I like to write father!’ “Christ is like an ocean, filled with pearls of opportunities, where you won't ever fall short of occasions to leave an indelible mark. Make the most out of these two years and you will never regret.  I welcome you on this grand platform.” These were the words from father that still keeps ringing in my ears. And today, as I stand here, I take pride in the fact that I have given my best shot, to stay true to those words.

Our department, the department of Tourism Studies has been instrumental in nurturing us and bringing the best out of us. There have been moments where we used to crib and question each other. But as the quote, by the eminent Persian scholar, Rumi, infers, “If you are irritated by every rub, how can you be polished?” It inevitably sums up the grave reasoning behind it all. We have been pushed to the brink of hardship, only to rise like a phoenix from the ashes.

Teachers’, who stood tall like the strongest of pillars and who made sure that there is no shortcut to success. Who taught us the art of excellence in whatever we think, breathe and do. Who identified our hidden potentials even before we recognized it ourselves. And most importantly, who believed in us more than we did and guided us to the path of accomplishment. I take this wonderful opportunity to thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart, on behalf of my class, for the every little effort and concern you have showered upon us, throughout this beautiful voyage.

To my awesome juniors, thank you for making us feel so special with all the efforts and the conviction with which you have organised this program. We might have faced our highs and lows in the beginning. But trust me, we love you and want you to become the torch-bearer of the department of Tourism Studies in the truest sense. Even after we bid farewell to this campus we are there to guide you if need be. Thank you once again!

My batch-mates from Final MBA Tourism, I don’t have proper words to sum up the times and the memories we have created together.  Each one of you have contributed in some or the other way to make these two years count. The unison with which we have always worked together, be it Exodus, or any other event, would invariably remain special. We have continually been appreciated by the department for our spirit of taking up challenges together and achieving it in the best possible manner. And I believe, this very fact is the biggest achievement for us, which, also defines our enthusiasm towards the given responsibilities. Life brings tears, smiles and memories. The tears dry, the smiles fade, but the memories last forever. Let’s part ways from the huge iron gate only with the promise of reaching the pinnacle of success that would exemplify the Christite Spirit! Because we are once a Christite and will forever remain a Christite!

With this I, Amreen Ahmed, batch of MBA Tourism and Travel Management, 2014-2016, sign off with a treasure of memories that would remain everlasting and eternal!!
Thank you!

Comments

  1. Wowww... πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salute you Amreen! How did I miss reading this earlier? Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful. we are proud of you christites

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful. we are proud of you christites

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts